Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What drives me.

One thing I have noticed about myself is that once I become interested in a type of art or music, I become enthralled with knowing about the person behind the art. Especially if they are dead. Maybe it is because they become a great mystery to me - knowing I can never meet them and get to know them myself. They become an obsession of idolization - over something I can’t obtain or experience in person. 
In the past, when I have felt this way over someone living, once I meet them - the mystery slowly fades. Maybe this love of the dead comes from my obsession with the unknown. I like the idea that there are unseen forces at work, that there are things that exist, yet I can’t touch or see them. It leaves open the possibilities of discovery for me. There is so much to uncover and experience that it keeps my thirst for life and quest for knowledge alive. 

No comments: